Pages

Best Beauty Buys - England

In February this year I was lucky enough to spend a week in London before travelling around Europe. Now, being the makeup/skincare fanatic that I am, one of the first things I prepared was a list of the must have beauty buys as recommended by my favourite British bloggers and YouTubers. I mean, who needs to pack or organise their trip when there is beauty shopping to be planned, right?

My iPhone notes section was packed with recommendations and I bought so many things I adore which are unfortunately, not available here in Australia. So, I thought I'd share with you guys the best bits I picked up whilst in London.


My first stop was to the place I imagined to be glowing, the holy land of Boots, where I stocked up on the following products:

Barry M Nail Polishes
I grabbed the shades Peach Melba, a Pink-Silver Glitter (the name's rubbed off) and the No. 30 Gelly Hi Shine. These are great polishes and are often on 3 for 2, such a bargain! 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
The much raved about concealer with packaging that almost instantly rubs off. It's a great concealer that I like to use to cover up any spots. I haven't tried this for under eyes as I have a product I don't really stray from in that department. 

No. 7 Essentially Natural Foundation
More of a tinted moisturiser, this helps to balance my redness and give a nice lightweight and natural finish. If you like a light finish at a reasonable price, I would definitely recommend this. 

Superdrug was another place I knew I had to visit and whilst there I stocked up on these goodies:

Sleek Blush - Pixie Pink 
I got this as per the recommendation of Tanya Burr in one of her videos and it's such a gorgeous colour. It looks quite scary but when blended out gives a nice natural flush. Sleek is also very affordable which I love. 

Sleek Face Contour Kit 
This kit is fantastic! The bronzer is matte and not too dark, even for someone with very pale skin like me. It's also very pigmented, so make sure you use a light hand when applying. The highlighter is not really my cup of tea, it's got some gold shimmer in it and I prefer my highlighters to have more silvery tones. That being said, it's got great payoff. 

Debenhams and John Lewis were also on my hit list and I grabbed these lovely products:

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette 
Everybody knows about the Urban Decay Naked series. I picked up this palette as I love natural eye shades! There are some great shades here and the compact size is perfect for carrying around. 

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
This has quickly become a holy grail product for me. I use it every morning to cleanse my face and I would definitely recommend it! I have sensitive skin too, so it shouldn't irritate your skin. 

I hope this has helped anyone planning to hit up the UK stores. Let me know if you have any recommendations or plan on picking any of these up! 

19 comments:

  1. Some great goodies in there! Luckily *some* of them are available online.. but can be annoying to get! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great beauty buys overseas! Thank gosh for the Internet haha xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! Love the nail polishes. I like the look of this foundation, you say it's more like a tinted moisturiser, might have to give it a go.

    I'm new to blogging as well, take a look, would love a comment :)

    A Day in The Life Of Mel: http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely give it a go if you like a light coverage (it's perfect for those lazy days). Will do xx

      Delete
  3. So many great products! I love Sleek, Barry M and the Collection concealer :)

    Lucky you, I'd love to go to the UK... I can imagine I would be just as excited for the beauty shopping to be done!

    Shell xx
    lovefromshell.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such great products, aren't they? You should definitely go if you ever get the chance so much beauty shopping to be done! Haha xx

      Delete
  4. I love Sleek, thank goodness they ship overseas!

    I remember looking (but not buying) any No.7 stuff when I was there, but I regret that now! I did buy some Boots items though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah thank gosh for that! I got a few other random No. 7 products, I quite like them. It's just nice to pick up things you can't get back home xx

      Delete
  5. Ooh fab goodies, I'd love to try some sleek :) love my Urban Decay Naked palette but really want to try the basics one too. I always write down recommendations in my phone notes lol

    Ellie xo design blog | beauty & fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleek is great - cheap but good quality! The basics is perfect for travelling and I love it! Haha same xx

      Delete
  6. I have quite a few of these products and love them! I really want to try out the Naked Basics as I've never really worn eyeshadow before...

    http://whatmolliedid.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they? You should give it a go - it'd be a good introduction to eyeshadow! Lots of neutrals that are easy to use xx

      Delete
  7. Hehe definitely agree with you here! I'm from England and these are all some of my top products :)x

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with everything on there! I've got to try out the naked basics palette at some point!

    lanalovesxxblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's such a great palette of neutrals xx

      Delete
  9. Sleek is definitely one of the best drugstore brands in England :) such great quality.
    Bea x
    www.beasbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had the Sleek Contour kit since early December, desperate to try it but very unsure on how to apply!
    Glad you enjoyed England, and Boots! That place is a nightmare for me, go in for one thing and always leave with a million more.. x
    El - elbellavita.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tagged you to do the All bloggers great and small tag! :)

    Nikki | http://floralsundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete