Pages

DIY: Ombré Hair

I've ombréd my hair a grand total of three times now. I'm constantly getting bored and chopping and changing between my natural brown colour and an ombré look. 
  • The first time I went ombré I decided to DIY it and I must say I was very happy with the look I achieved. I used a pre-lightening kit and then went over with a blonde dye to get the effect I wanted, a method I would definitely recommend. 
  • The second time, I got my ombré professionally done and to be honest, I preferred the job I did myself. I felt like I could achieve the same results for a fraction of the price at home. 
  • The third time I ombréd my hair was actually just over a week ago and I went for the DIY approach again. This time, there was a product on the market that met my needs; L'Oréal Paris: Préférence Wild Ombrés and I am very happy with the way it turned out. This was a lot easier and less time consuming than my first DIY method and the one I would go for again. So I thought I would share some more information on the L'Oréal Wild Ombrés kit. 


The L'Oréal kit comes in 2 shades in Australia - one for light blonde to blonde hair and the other for dark blonde to medium brown hair. The kit comes with an easy to use brush to apply the colour with which makes it a lot easier to get an even coat and achieve a more natural look rather than a stark change of colour. All you need to do is leave the colour on for 25 to 45 minutes depending on how light you want your ends to go and then wash the colour out in the shower and follow up with the shampoo treatment they provide. Easy as pie and a great, affordable option at just under $20 from your local supermarket. 



Have you ever gone ombré? Did you DIY or get it professionally done? Let me know in the comments below. 





8 comments:

  1. I'm so torn with what I want to do with my hair since my roots are horrible at the moment and I've been thinking of going with ombré for something different.. this sounds really good though I'll have to look into it! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go :) It's super easy and I really like the look! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Jasmine, the ombre looks great on you!! I have really dark hair and I do like the ombre look but I'm too scared to actually do it.

    PS: I have nominated your for the Liebster Blog Award. Check out my post here for the questions: http://inabeautyworld.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    Looking forward to see your response!

    - Ina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You could always do it really subtly to start with and ease to a lighter colour :) I'll have to check out the post now, thanks :) xx

      Delete
  3. I used this very same product... it was so easy and leaves such a gorgeous effect xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this! Might have to give it a go one day! x

    actuallyash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great way to do it xx

      Delete