Pages

The Foundation Edit

I am a firm believer in investing in a good foundation. It is something you wear almost everyday and as it comes into direct contact with your skin, you don't want to be putting something with bad ingredients on your face. I have quite sensitive skin so I tend to stick to higher end foundations that I have tried and tested as I know my skin does not react to them and today, I thought I would share with you the cream of the crop in the world of foundation:


Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 
This was the first high end foundation I ever bought after reading a lot of hype about it online and I must say that it is definitely worth the hype. It gives a light and natural finish allowing your skin to still shine through and is perfect for everyday wear! I wear the shade B10.

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat
I am obsessed with the YSL Touche Eclat so when the foundation companion was finally released I immediately jumped on the bandwagon. This foundation gives you a real glow which I love - it definitely makes you look more alive! It is fairly lightweight and really easy to apply and blend out. I wear the shade BD20.

NARS Sheer Glow
Despite the fact that this is called sheer glow, I don't think it gives much of a glow more of a natural looking finish. It is also not exactly sheer, I'd say it's more of a medium coverage. It definitely has a bit of a heavier coverage than the previous two and is buildable making it great for a bad skin day or a night out. I wear the shade Mont Blanc.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk 
This has been a recent addition to my foundation line up and it is perfect for a night out. There is no SPF in it which equals no flashback face and it has fairly good lasting power (especially with a matte powder over the top). I love the coverage and texture of this foundation and would definitely recommend it. I wear the shade 4.5.

What are your favourite foundations? Let me know in the comments below.

16 comments:

  1. I believe in investing in a good foundation too. I've used the Armani silk foundation and it is just amazing. One of my favourites, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Join the Little Alchemist giveaway on my blog now: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/the-little-alchemist-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great taste in foundations, but I bet your wallet is hurting! Luminous Silk is my night event go-to as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! haha I spaced out the purchases so I didn't notice it too much :P xx

      Delete
  4. I'm still to buy Nars Sheer Glow and Armarni but I need to get colour matched! Lovely collection Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get colour matched and see if you like them :) Thanks xx

      Delete
  5. Really want to try the Chanel lumiere foundation xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I would definitely recommend it xx

      Delete
  6. I want to try the chanel foundation! How much did you buy yours for?

    http://ncboodah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I paid roughly $70 for it, makeup is crazy expensive here in Australia xx

      Delete
  7. the armani foundation looks so good! lucky you to be owning so many high end foundations ;)

    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great foundation! haha thanks, it's taken a while to build the collection up xx

      Delete
  8. My first high-end foundation purchase was also the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua! I must say I quite like it especially for those days where I have a good skin day. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dying to try a Chanel foundation! They get such good reviews!
    xxx
    milsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete