Pages

The Liebster Awards

I was extremely surprised to find that not one but, two people had nominated me for the Liebster awards! Ash and Meagan are the lovely girls who nominated me and you should definitely head over to their blogs as they are great to read. So, today I'm going to be answering both of their sets of questions and sending out my own nominations. (I'll leave the rules of the awards at the end for anyone interested)

Here are Ash's questions...
1. Who is your celebrity style icon?
If I have to pick one it has to be Lauren Conrad. She's one of my major girl crushes. 

2. If you could only wear one nail polish colour for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I'd probably pick a natural, nude kind of colour or a pale pink.

3. Favourite singer/band?
Let's be real here, I'm not going to try and come across as cool, it's gotta be T-Swizzle or Ed Sheeran. 

4. Favourite scent?
Burberry Body - it just smells so sophisticated and lasts for ages!

5. Twitter or Instagram?
Do I really have to choose? I think I'll have to say Instagram... but I still have a love/addiction with Twitter. 

6. What movie could you watch over & over again without getting bored?
Any of the Harry Potter movies or Love Actually (just to provide choices from each end of the spectrum) 

7. Is fashion, make up or hair more important to you?
I think I'll have to say make up (including skincare). I love taking care of skin and trying out new products! 

8. Gold or silver jewellery? 
I tend to sway towards silver. 

9. Favourite online shopping websites?
asos, asos, asos and asos. 

10. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Why?
I absolutely love London and can't wait to go back (I'm going at the end of the year, cue excitement) so with that in mind I'll have to say New York. I've always wanted to visit the concrete jungle and do a spot of shopping (or maybe a bit more than a spot). 

And now it's time for Meagan's questions...
1. What is your favourite makeup brand?

Question 1 and I'm already struggling... I think I'll have to say YSL. The touche eclat, touche eclat foundation and faux cils volume effet mascara are staples in my makeup wardrobe. 

2. What is your favourite season in the year?
I would say Spring as the weather at that time of year is perfect but, I get really bad hayfever so let's cross that off the list. So, I'll go for the controversial answer of Winter. I definitely prefer the cold to heat. 

3. Where is your favourite place on Earth?
I fell in love with London and Paris the moment I visited them. So internationally, they are my favourite places. I feel like I'm cheating with two answers though so let's go with London (with Paris and my bed as very close contenders)

4. What is the one thing you could never give up?
Watching trashy TV. 

5. What is your favourite all time shop?
Anyone who knows me will know that this special award goes to Country Road. 

6. Are you a morning or a night person?
I am such a night person. Wake me up too early and I will not be functioning properly. 

7. What's your favourite scent?
I answered this in Ash's questions but let's reiterate it, Burberry Body!

8. What's one thing you want to do before you die?
I want to travel the world. 

9. Are you a pants or dresses/skirts kind of girl?
Pants except for in Spring and Summer. I do love a good dress or skirt when the weather warms up. 

10. What's the one piece of adivce you want to give your readers?
Time to get inspirational: "we have the power to imagine better" - J. K. Rowling. 

Now onto who I nominate...
Amy from Amy Jane Alice, Helen from Cosmetics, Clothes and Cute Things, Olivia from Crave More Beauty, Sarah from Sarah What, Lady S from Lady Sapphire Blog. Sorry it's not 10 but most of the blogs I like have already been nominated! 

 And finally, here are my questions... 
1. Do you prefer a neutral or a bold lip?
2. What are your favourite skincare products?
3. What are your favourite magazines to read for their beauty features?
4. What is your holy grail mascara?
5. What is your favourite book and why? 
6. What are your winter essentials? 
7. Favourite drugstore brand?
8. Favourite high end brand? 
9. What is the one TV show you will never get sick of?
10. What do you want to do when you 'grow up'? 

Here are the rules of the awards:
You must link back the person who nominated you. 
You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you. 
You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers . 
You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer. 
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.



6 comments:

  1. Loved reading these answers! xx
    withasideofbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and thanks again for nominating me :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi there Jasmine!
    Thank you so much for nominating me :) it means so much to me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I love your blog xx

      Delete