Pages

Alpha H Liquid Gold

Out of everything I have been trying out in my skincare regime recently, the Alpha H Liquid Gold has to be up there in my favourites. I'm sure you've heard of this cult product and today, I'm going to let you in on a (not so secret) secret; it definitely lives up to the hype.


So, let's get into the details. Alpha H is an Australian brand (represent!) and the Liquid Gold is a gycolic acid treatment aimed at smoothing, refining and firming your skin. It's to be used every second night after cleansing and you can either leave your routine at that for an intensive overnight treatment or  you can follow up with a serum and moisturiser. I personally prefer the former idea to speed up my evening routine; Bioderma, cleanser, Liquid Gold, sleep.

To say I'm impressed with this product would be an understatement, I'm amazed.  If my skin is acting out a bit I'll apply this and it will feel and look a lot better in the morning. I'll wake up and my skin will have a nice, even tone and a bit of a glow too (which let me tell you is a struggle for me in the early hours of the morning). Liquid Gold will also tingle a bit on your skin (especially if you have any blemishes) which, I quite like as it feels as if it is doing something. That being said, as this product can tingle I would advise against using it if you have very sensitive skin. My skin is quite sensitive (mainly to fragrances) however, and this does work extremely well for me.

My only issue with this product is the packaging but, Alpha H have gone and fixed that up with some rebranding. The new packaging looks a lot more luxe, is suitably gold and would definitely be a nice addition to your bathroom shelf.

I would definitely recommend trying out the aptly named, Liquid Gold, if you haven't already!

Let me know in the comments below whether or not you have tried this product out. Plus, if you have, are you as hooked as I am?

12 comments:

  1. I've been using this for a year now. My acne prone skin loves it! And I agree, the old packaging is very pharmaceutical. What's with the giant lid??

    Beauty Challenged


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you love it too! haha so true! xx

      Delete
  2. Great Review, I was happy to see your post as I have had my eye on that product for a while! My skin responds well to Glycolic Acid too!

    Ayshea
    www.mybeautytales.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You should definitely give it a go xx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this product as well! I've been using it for over a year and I'm onto my second bottle. I can def say that the new packaging is better. HIGHLY recommend. TVSN online has some really great specials on ALPHA H regularly so maybe check them out if you're thinking about buying. Otherwise I get mine from BeautyBay.com.

    Ash =)
    www.ozproductjunkie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I already have a bottle but next time I buy it, I'll have to check TVSN out xx

      Delete
  4. Hey I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award. Can’t wait to read your answers: http://ohhkaye.wordpress.com/2013/08/16/liebster-award-ive-been-nominated/

    ReplyDelete
  5. now I wonder if I should gives this a try, it sounds promising
    Im going to subscribe via bloglovin, maybe you feel like returning the favor ^^
    iscoopbeauty
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product! Thanks, I don't do follow for follows but I'll check out your blog xx

      Delete
  6. Great review! Glad it worked so well for you! xo

    ReplyDelete