Pages

My Nightly Skincare Routine

For those of you who don't know, I am just a tad obsessed with skincare. I've read just about every blog pertaining to skincare and have tried out my fair share of products to find what really works for me. A few weeks ago someone asked me on my tumblr; "what about skin routines!!? You seem to know coverage for skin so well!! So, today I am going to share with you the products I use in my nightly regime.


First Cleanse: If you have worn makeup or SPF during the day you really need to cleanse twice. Once to remove the products from your face and another time to actually clean your skin. Bioderma is my go to product for my first cleanse.

Second Cleanse: I have two cleansers I like to alternate between at night due to their hydrating qualities; the Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Oil and the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm. Both of these products feel so luxurious and are great for the skin.

Spring Water: I then like to use the Avene Thermal Spring Water to calm my skin and make sure it is nice and clean with some pure water. At this stage I will also apply some Tea Tree Oil if I have any spots.


Toner: I am definitely a toner kind of gal (see my toner edit here). The Aesop B & Tea Balancing Toner is the toner I use most nights as it is very soothing and balancing. The Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner is another one I use once or twice a week followed by the Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner.


Serum: I have a post on my favourite serums; here. My go to serums are Hydraluron (which you all need) and the Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum and both are great for hydration.

Night Cream: My favourite night cream is the Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream. It feels quite light but, really moisturises your skin over night. It is perfect for sensitive skin like mine and it is also 99% natural and paraben free!

Eye Cream: The eye cream I love to use is the Burt's Bees Sensitive Eye Cream

Treatment: Once a week (or if my skin is looking a bit lack lustre) it's time for the Alpha-H Liquid Gold (review here).

Face Masks: The first two masks I use are in lieu of a second cleanse; the Cellilux Glacial Mineral Gel (review here) and my all time favourite (which always saves my skin if it is playing up); the Aesop Parsley Seed Mask. The other mask I reach for is the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask which I use instead of my night cream and it does a fab job of hydrating my skin overnight (plus, it smells incredible).

And Voila! There you have it!

What products do you guys use in your skincare routine? I'd love to hear in the comments below and see if there is anything I should try out!

22 comments:

  1. Love Bioderma and Hydraluron! Great post <3

    www.natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your products look so lux!!
    I love using MAC Cleanse OFF oil for removing makeup, feels so nice! I don't really have a routine at night yet.
    xxx Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have a look at that! You should definitely try and get into a routine, I look forward to mine each night! Haha xx

      Delete
  3. We have very similar routines!! I love all your products, a great and informative post x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the products you featured here.
    I must try the Bioderma product one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, you definitely should xx

      Delete
  5. just found your blog, lovely post! What camera do you use to take your pictures if you dont mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've actually just been using my iPad to take my pictures xx

      Delete
  6. I have a lot of similar products to you :) For cleanser it's Emma Hardie, Aesop Parsley Seed or my Jacqueline Evans Cream Cleanser, Toner is my Aesop Parsley Seed, Serum is Hydraluron and Snoxin and Moisturiser is Origins Night-a-Mins and a Clarins one (which I can't remember the name of!). I also love my Parsley Seed Masque. I just love the Parsley Seed range as you can tell haha xo

    Your Daily Break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great line up :) The Parsley Seed range is great! xx

      Delete
  7. I want to try so many of these products, I hear so many great things!
    Also, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, which is a sort of tag that helps spread smaller blogs around the community if you're interested in taking a look :)
    Details are in this post: http://emmakatex.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/liebster-award-nomination.html
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all great products :) Thank you - I'll be sure to check it out xx

      Delete
  8. So many amazing products, I'm dying to try out aesop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aesop is fantastic - you should definitely go in and grab some samples xx

      Delete
  9. amazing post :) I need to try the drink up mask by Origins :) x

    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete