Pages

French Skincare Haul

Bonjour! Today I have another post coming to you from the beautiful city of Paris where I recently ventured down to the much talked about City Pharma on Rue du Four (and I'll let you in on a secret - it is worth the trip).


City Pharma may be small in size but it is jam packed with skincare goodness. The aisles are laced with the likes of Bioderma, Nuxe, Caudalie, La Roche-Posay and many more coveted French brands. Not only does City Pharma have it all but, it also has reasonable prices with many products available in a "lot de 2" giving you great value for money.


I picked up too many quite a few products, some which are old time favourites of mine (see my Best Beauty Buys France post) and others which caught my skincare enthusiast eye.


Just to set the scene for you price wise, I grabbed one of my all time favourite products Bioderma's Créaline H20 in a Lot de 2 which equates to 1L of product for 15.50 or $24 AUD. Back home, you can grab this product at Priceline in a 250mL bottle for $29.99. That is 1/4 the product for an extra $6 (crazy) which is why I stocked up.

From Bioderma alongside the Créaline H20 I grabbed the Créaline Yeux and the Créaline AR BB Cream in Clair, two products I had never tried before. I stuck to the Créaline line as it is for sensitive skin and I chose the BB Cream as the AR in the name stands for Anti-Rougeurs or Anti-Redness which is just what I need for my constantly flushed cheeks. Nuxe was next on my hit list and I grabbed a backup of my favourite lip balm Reve de Miel, the Huile Prodigieuse (which I have had recommended to me numerous times) and the Crème Fraîche de Beauté Light as I am still yet to find the perfect daily moisturiser. Caudalie is another favourite French brand of mine and I grabbed a new Vinosource SOS Sérum S.O.S Désaltérant which is one of my favourite serums and the Masque Purifant as I didn't bring a Masque with me traveling. Then I reached the La Roche-Posay section where I picked up the Rosaliac UV Legere (another anti redness product that I know and love) as well as two bottles of the Serozinc toner which has received a sea of thumbs up and the Anthelios XL 50+ as I have been searching for a great daily SPF and will need one when I head back to the heat of Australia. Lastly, after much perusal of the lovely aisles I stopped at Embryolisse to grab the Hydra-Masque as I am rather fond of the Lait Creme Concentre and wanted to try something else out from their range.

And there you have it, my French skincare haul! Have you guys tried any of these products? Want to see any reviews? Let me know in the comments below.





25 comments:

  1. Great haul! I love bioderma :) I'd love to go and have a nosy round all the French pharmacy stores!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - you can easily spend hours in them haha xx

      Delete
  2. I am thinking of taking a drive over to paris to pick up some things, how did the prices of the other items look next to normal prices?
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure how they are compared to the rest of the world but as I wrote above, they're a lot cheaper than Australia xx

      Delete
  3. That Nuxe oil is something I’ve been meaning to try for months! I would love to see a review of it.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I've given it a go I'll be sure to post a review xx

      Delete
  4. I went to France three years ago, sadly before I fell in love with everything beauty and skincare! Definitely gotta take note for when I go back some day ;) xx

    http://emmakatex.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! You'll definitely have to go back then haha xx

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried any of these but they look sooo nice!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all so lovely - you should give them a go xx

      Delete
  6. Great picks:) La Roche Posay is one of my favourite skincare brands! Can`t live without Effaclar Duo. And I`m amazed of these huge Bioderma packages you can find in France :D I mean everywhere else you pay the same only for 1 bottle.

    Eve
    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Effaclar Duo is a great product too! I know, it's crazy xx

      Delete
  7. Nice haul! The only question is why you didn't pick up MORE stuff!

    http://temporaryprincess.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha believe me I very easily could have (but I would have been broke) xx

      Delete
  8. Great picks you got there! I just wish the Bioderma was cheaper in Aus! Would love to hear your thoughts on the Créaline AR BB Cream :)

    ♥ M&L
    Enter our Bloggiversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sigh, I know. For sure, once I've tried it out a few times I'll post a review xx

      Delete
  9. Cool post!!! Very interesting:) Today on my blog the panther coat: ) Photos were taken at dark and light moods sun. I hope you like this style of photography? I invite and I greet: )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to live in Paris up until fairly recently and I always went to CityPharma!

    annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I am so jealous, that would have been amazing xx

      Delete
  11. Oh my God, I'm DROOLING over this post! haha I love the Bioderma and I need to stock up on it, srsly. xx

    THese shades look beautiful and the pigmentation looks pretty good as well! Thanks for the swatches. xxx

    Fernanda @ Ferdie's Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Bioderma is amazing! Pretty sure you accidentally copied and pasted another comment as well! xx

      Delete
  12. I bought that Nuxe oil the other day, and I'm already really impressed. It smells divine, and doesn't leave skin greasy at all. I rubbed a bit in the ends of my hair and -oh my God- my hair is so smooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to give it a proper try out xx

      Delete
  13. I'm going to Paris next weekend and am desperate to pick up some skincare products! This post was really useful in helping me know what there is, thanks! Sophie Clare x

    ReplyDelete