Pages

Battle of the CC Creams

First it was BB creams and then the beauty world moved on to CC creams. Gimmicky? Probably. Great for everyday use? Definitely. But most importantly, are they worth it? I've tried out a few CC Creams and today I present to you the battle of two very popular CC Creams - the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream VS the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30.


In the blue corner we have the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream which, I am pretty smitten with. A little of this goes a long way and it can easily be applied using your fingers. It evens out your skin tone (doing a great job of hiding the pesky redness I get in my cheeks), has an SPF of 15 included, feels light weight on the skin and is super affordable with a drugstore price tag. Lisa Eldridge loves this so how can you not? 

In the red corner we have the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream which I like to call the more expensive, higher coverage and higher SPF version of the Bourjois alternative. I find this is best applied with a brush to give an even finish due to its heavier texture leaving you with a healthy, dewy finish. My one issue with this product is that I can feel it sitting on my skin initially unlike with the Bourjois CC Cream.  
   
The Verdict? These are great for everyday wear as they have SPF included and are super easy to apply. Ultimately, the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream is the winner for me though! 

Have you tried either of these products? Are you a CC cream fan? Let me know in the comments below. 

14 comments:

  1. I love CC creams too, but haven't tried these ones, I love Clinique, but now I want to try the Bourjois too, oh dear, such beauty probs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha us beauty lovers don't have it easy xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried either of these, but I'm obsessed with the Max Factor CC Cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both great! Ohhh, I might have to look into that one xx

      Delete
  3. Great round up! How do you find the scent of the Bourjois CC cream, I have it and love it but the smell just puts me off using it completely :(

    I think it's too strong a powdery 'old-lady' (no offence) floral...I haven't seen anyone mention any strong scent before though, so mine could be off~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't really mind the scent - I hadn't really noticed it so just went and had a sniff haha! I totally get where you are coming from though! A scent can really put me off a product xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't jumped on to the CC train yet but the Bourjois offering sounds really nice. I remember essiebutton raving about the Clinique one, so awesome to hear that you like the Bourjois better!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It's always nice when the you prefer the cheaper alternative xx

      Delete
  5. love this post!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried CC cream yet, only BB, but I am not sure I understand the difference! But you are making me want to rush out and buy some very badly haha. It doesn't help that Priceline are having a 40% off sale today whaaaaat!! Love your blog by the way, am just popping over to follow you now on Bloglovin'!

    kirstenlearns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're a pretty gimmicky concept to be honest but CC creams are meant to colour correct whereas BB creams are meant to provide coverage with added skincare benefits! Oh the Priceline 40% off sale! I don't think anyone can resist that haha. Thank you xx

      Delete
  7. Haven't tried any CC cream yet, I still think it is some kind of hype just as the BB creams but I will eventually buy them haha. Anyway, this is a really go post and I would definitely go Bourjois one if I'd ever buy one :)

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete