Pages

TAG: The Blogger Made Me Buy It


1) Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
I am addicted to Vivianna Does Makeup, Lily Pebbles and Caroline Hirons' blogs. Reading them often ends in a new item on the wish list. 

2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
If Caroline Hirons recommends something skincare related, I am sold. She knows her stuff. Generally, I do like to look at a few reviews though.  

3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?The Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm is one of my holy grail products as suggested by (you guessed it) Caroline Hirons. I am also currently obsessed with the Maybelline Colour Sensational Glosses a purchase inspired by Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup

4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

For the most part everything I have bought thanks to bloggers I have loved. My least favourite item would probably have to be some of the NYX lipsticks I picked up though. I wasn't really keen on the colours.

5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
Check out my past few hauls and there will be quite a few blogger inspired purchases - NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara, Maybelline Color Sensational Shine Glosses, Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Brown 

6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?
So many! Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Urban Decay Palettes, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Bioderma, NARS Laguna... do I really have to list them all? 

7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?

I've managed to avoid the Shu Uemura eyelash curler hype and not much else. I'm such a sucker for blogger hype. 

8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?

Every now and then I will (dangerously) wander the aisles of Priceline, Myer, Mecca Cosmetica and the like and impulsively buy a few items. Most of the time I like to do my reaearch though so that I know I will like the product especially if it is more expensive. 

I hope you enjoyed this tag! Who is your biggest blogger influence? 

I TAG:
Sarah from More Than Adored
Sophie from Born to Buy
Jasmine from Sweetaholic Beauty
Madeline from Madeline Loves


8 comments:

  1. I have basically bought 3/4 of my beauty products because of Youtubers and bloggers (but no hard feelings, I love everything)

    WOMANOUK (beauty & drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you - I'm such a sucker for giving into the blogger/youtuber hype. I'm yet to try the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm though - I'm too scared it'll break me out as it has done to a few people who's reviews I've read. Don't want to waste nearly £40!
    Love your blog!
    cosmoopolitan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Emma Hardie but I completely understand why you haven't tried it yet! There is nothing worse than buying an expensive product and breaking out from it xx

      Delete
  3. YOU GET ME. Pretty much all my beauty products are as a result of YouTubers and bloggers recommending them! I am now committed to Liz Earle products and Nars Sheer Glow as a result of beauty bloggers, and they are glorious, glorious products. OH and of course Naked palettes. Ohhh god I have a sickness.

    kirstenlearns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree - they are glorious! haha don't worry you're not alone there xx

      Delete
  4. I buy sooooooooooo much makeup because of the countless blogs I read and Youtube I watch. I've come to the conclusion I would have a lot more money if I cut out bloglovin and youtube. But who the fuck wants to live like that!?? ;P Did a similar post on my blog too, bit of a different layout though! >>>>http://pingle91.blogspot.ie/2014/02/product-association-who-made-up-your.html

    Fee
    http://pingle91.blogspot.ie/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! haha exactly, what is a life without beauty blogs? Great! I'll check it out xx

      Delete